Companies have vast data that could be structured or unstructured. Top Management or the decision-makers make important decisions for their company through accurate insights from such vast data. Without proper data visibility, it is difficult for top management to take such decisions without a report. Reports use the vast data in a structured manner that allows the decision-makers to make an informed decision.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations supports a broad spectrum of information that includes
- Cross company all-up financial reporting
- Analytical dashboards and tiles
- Electronically transferable funds
- Customer sales invoices
- Checks and tax documents
Here are the few reporting scenarios that Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Provides:
- Embedded analytics and native controls – including list pages, grid controls, and chart visualizations.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) – Primarily used for business documents and high-volume printing that includes invoices, packing slips, packing lists, and more.
- Financial Report Designer – Flexible tool that customizes and creates financial statements.
- Power Platform (Power BI)- Includes dashboards and workspaces that contain predefined and personalized views
- Electronic Reporting – configure electronic documents according to the legal requirements of various countries or regions.
In this article, we are going to mainly focus on Power BI.
Power BI is a cloud-based business intelligence tool by Microsoft. It consolidates data from different sources into one platform. Within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, users can enable Microsoft Power BI. Lately, this type of Reporting Scenario has become more popular among its users and provides amazing reporting experience for the users. Although standard-reports deliver insights that are tailored as per business persona, an organization might prefer a custom report in some cases. With Power BI User can directly query the Entity Store to allow the creation of reports on nearly all data Present in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation environment and Database. This reporting tool creates a modern and easy to use reporting interface through and grows its presence in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
With Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations deliver rich, interactive reports seamlessly integrated into application workspaces. By using graphics and visuals supported by Power BI, workspaces provide Visual and interactive experiences for its user. Using infographics on the overview page, users can get a glance at the business. Users can interact with data visuals on the page. Users can see the cause and effect, perform simple what-if operations without leaving the workspace. And with interactive visuals, users can explore data and discovering trends.
The Value Constraint of Power BI for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Personalized dashboards
- Publish reports securely
- Extracts business intelligence rapidly
- Supports Advanced Data service
- Continues Innovation
- Reports can be viewed on multiple Platform and Devices
At Dhyey Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd., over the years have been working with Microsoft Dynamics suite. As a Microsoft Partner centric company our resources are equipped with knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft Dynamics and have implemented over 200 project implementations across industry verticals. We Provide Centre of Excellence as a service to Microsoft Partners and for Microsoft Dynamics 365. We have and are fully capable to integrate Power BI and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for our partner’s clients.
To know more email us at email@example.com