Cycle counting is a warehouse process that you can use to audit on-hand inventory items. The cycle counting process can be described in three steps:
- Create cycle counting work Cycle counting work can be created automatically, based on threshold parameters for items or by using a cycle counting plan. Alternatively, you can manually create cycle counting work by using the item or warehouse parameters on the Cycle count work by item page or the Cycle count work by location page.
- Process the cycle count After cycle counting work is created, you do the cycle counting work by counting items in a warehouse location and then using a mobile device to enter the result in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Alternatively, you can count items in a warehouse location without creating cycle counting work. This process is referred to as spot cycle counting.
- Resolve differences in the counted value After a cycle count, any items that have differences in the counted value will have a work status of Pending review on the All work page. You can resolve these differences on the Cycle count work pending review page.
Navigation – Modules > Warehouse management > Setup > Cycle counting > Cycle count plans. 1. Click New.
2. In the Cycle counting plan ID field, Description field, type a value.
3. In the Maximum number of cycle counts field, enter a number. Click Save.
4. Click Select locations.
5. In the Days between cycle counting field, enter a number. For example, if the Days between cycle counting field is set to 5, cycle counting work will be created every five days. However, if cycle counting work is processed on day three, the next cycle counting work will be created five days after the last cycle counting was processed, on day 8.
6. Click Save.
7. Click New.
8. In the Sequence number field, enter a number. The sort is from the smallest number to the largest number. The value must be more than 0 (zero).
9. Description field, type a value. Click Save.
10. Click Define product query.
11. In the Criteria field, enter or select a value. Click OK.
If your company is looking for ERM services in Vadodara or anywhere around the globe, drop an email to email@example.com and our team will be glad to set up a free demo for your brand!