The production of products, a process that is also known as the production life cycle, follows specific steps that are required to complete the manufacture of an item. The life cycle begins with the creation of the production order, batch order, or kanban. It ends with a finished, manufactured item that is ready for either a customer or another phase of production. Each step in the life cycle requires different kinds of information to complete the process. As each step is completed, the production order, batch order, or kanban shows a change in the production status. Different types of products require different manufacturing processes.
The Production control module is linked to other modules, such as Product information management, Inventory management, General ledger, Warehouse management, Project accounting, and Organization administration. This integration supports the information flow that is required to complete the manufacturing of a finished item.
1.Manually set Manufacturing date when you create Batch Navigation: Warehouse Management > Setup > Inventory > Batches Steps: Set Manufacturing date on batches
2. Automatically set Manufacturing date upon Batch creation Navigation – Modules > Inventory management > Setup > Dimensions > Tracking number groups.
1.Click New and create new batch number group.
2. Assign created group to the item.
3. Click Procurement and sourcing > Purchase orders > All purchase orders.
4. Click New, fill in all necessary fields and click OK.
5. Create Purchase order line.
6. Select the item that has batch number group assigned.
7. Once you save the record, new batch will be created with Manufacturing date = Current date.
If your company is looking for ERM services in Vadodara or anywhere around the globe, drop an email to email@example.com and our team will be glad to set up a free demo for your brand!