As a Centre of Excellence for Microsoft Partners, we keep a close eye on the new updates and the technologies from Microsoft. It is Important for us to stay updated with the new changing technology. The Microsofts 2021 Wave 1 Plans to delivers a set of features that are designed to simplify and improve Dynamics 365 Business Central for the SMB. Here are some of our top picks for the new features that were part of Microsofts 2021 Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Word Merge in Business Central
This Feature has been added in the 2021 Wave 1 For Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. With this feature users can use the mail merge functionality in Word to use data from Business Central to add a personal touch to their bulk communications. For Example, when a User want to send a document to a lot of recipients like their customers and contacts as part of a sales campaignthey can use Words mail merge capability to personalize each document by pulling data about the recipients from Business Central and have a personal touch to their larger network of customers and contacts.
- The Additional Team Features
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a comprehensive, adaptable, and extensible ERP Solutions. It offers a comprehensive business contact management system that is essential for users in in different departments such as sales, operations, or other departmental roles. Users in such roles often need to dial up and start a conversation with their vendors, customers, and other contacts in Microsoft Teams. The New Feature in 2021 Wave 1 offer a quickly accessing to business contacts from Microsoft Teams so users do not need to switch applications for a simple lookup and can view details entirely within Microsoft Teams.With Microsofts 2021 Wave 1, The Business Central app for Teams has been offers a messaging extension to look up contact records sourced in the Business Central database:
- Look up Business Central contacts from the Microsoft Teams search/command box or from the message compose area. Contacts can include prospects, vendors, customers, or other business relationships.
- Share a contact as a card during conversations in Microsoft Teams.
- View contact information, history of interactions, and other insights such as outstanding payments or open documents, in the details window in Microsoft Teams.
- Support Cloud Printing
The Universal Print is a Microsoft 365 service that modernizes print management and delivers a simple, straightforward printing experience. With Microsofts 2021 Wave 1 for Business Central supporting cloud printing via Universal Print, users can now send documents and reports to any of the printers defined in their Universal Print management page.With Universal Print and Business Central together, Users can:
- Enhance Business Central with printing experience powered by Microsoft 365 cloud.
- Unblock the move to the cloud and support printing for Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) users without a complex, hybrid print setup.
- Print only to devices users have access to.
- Eliminate the need to manage print servers or install printer drivers, including existing printers (via a software connector, connector appliance, or directly).
- Print from anywhere when connected to the internet and authenticated to Azure AD.
- Inventory Document
In the Microsoft 2021 Wave1 for Business Central, users can use the Inventory Receipt and Inventory Shipment documents to adjust their inventory. Users can print these documents at any stage, release and reopen them, and assign common values, including dimensions, in the header. Both documents (inventory receipt and shipment) are ready to use after they set up the number series on the Inventory Setup page.
- Search for Inventory Receiptto register an increase of inventory.
- Search for Inventory Shipmentto write off missing or damaged goods.
If in any case, Users want to reprint posted documents, they can find the documents as Posted Inventory Receipt and Posted Inventory Shipment. Users can also specify which reports must be printed at what stages. The following Usage options are available:
- Inventory Receipt
- Inventory Shipment
- Posted Inventory Receipt
- Posted Inventory Shipment
- Monitor Inventory and transaction flow with available lot window.
It is extremely important to keep track of the good, as the flow of goods in a supply chain becomes more complex. For companies like medical and chemical supply space, monitoring an item’s transaction flow is a legal requirement. Other businesses might want to monitor products with warranties or expiration dates for customer service reasons.With Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, it makes it easy to handle serial and lot numbers for items, Uses can quickly determine when and where items were received, where they are stored, and when and where they were sold. In this release of 2021 Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft has improved the item tracking capabilities by introducing Availability by Lot. So, Users can now have a list of lots with on-hand quantities, plus expected incoming and outgoing transactions, such as sales, purchase, transfer, assembly, or production orders.
- Simplify Bank Statement
As a Centre of Excellence for Microsoft Partners we have seen that for businesses, it is important to keep an updated ledger to reflect their business bank account. In this update of 2021 Wave1 for Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft has simplified the bank statement import capability for the users. With this capability users can take a regular flat file (.csv, .txt), and map the file’s columns to fields in Business Central.Users can often download various transaction file formats from their bank. With the new capability from 2021 Wave 1, users can configure the import of flat file and comma- or semicolon-separated transaction formats, so that they can more easily import files they have produced or manipulated to fit with the mapping that they have configured.
- Back Reconciliation Improvement
As a Centre of Excellence, we have experienced working with several Microsoft Partners and their clients. We know that the Bank reconciliation is a critical accounting task for most businesses because it helps ensure that everything is registered, and cash positions are correct. The features for bank reconciliation have been improved to make it easier to see how the automatic application rules have been applied. A report for the posted bank reconciliations (bank acc. statements) is now also available for the users.From the Bank Acc. Reconciliationpage users can now cancel a bank reconciliation that was posted with mistakes, and then from the Bank Statements page they can run a new bank reconciliation. Users can also change the statement number for the bank reconciliation in case they want to redo an undone bank reconciliation using the same number. The Undo functionality is available on the standard Bank Reconciliation page.
- Contact Insight and access to History of Integration with contact
Being able to quickly get information without switching context while a user talk to a contact is important, regardless of whether the information is in Microsoft Outlook through the Business Central Contact Insights Outlook add-in, or in Microsoft Teams. With the new update from Microsofts 2021 Wave 1 for Dynamics 365 Business Central, It provides user with quick and easy access to information and insights for contacts. The Features Detail includes
- A Contact listpage: in brick view now shows more important contact details across different form factors.
- The Contact Card: It shows the Business Relationand gives direct access to the related Customer, Vendor, or Employee card.
- Contact cards Interaction Log Entries: Fast Tab that gives one-click access to the history of interactions the company has had with the contact.
As we mentioned earlier, we provide Centre of Excellence Services to Microsoft Partners. Our Centre of Excellence Services is for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and our talents have experience working throughout the Dynamics lifecycle from Implementation to Re-implementation, From Upgrades to Support and even Add-on Development.
To know more about our Centre of Excellence Services, Email us at Santosh@dhyey.com