The Warehouse management system in Supply Chain Management gives you flexible ways to define your warehouse layout to meet changing needs, so that you can achieve optimal warehouse efficiency.
- You can establish high-priority and low-priority storages areas for optimum placement of goods.
- You can divide your warehouse into zones to accommodate various storage needs, such as temperature requirements, or various turnover rates for items.
- You can specify warehouse locations on any level (for example, site, warehouse, aisle, rack, shelf, and bin position).
- You can group locations by using physical capacity constraint settings.
- You can control how items are stored and picked, based on query-defined rules.
Three dimensional space of the warehouse can be logically divided in a layout using Aisles, Racks, Shelves and Bins as co-ordinates, thereby adding the ability to uniquely identify a given Location in terms of these co-ordinates.
Physical Dimensions of a Bin can be defined as follows:
Navigation – Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Inventory locations
Steps: Setup Physical Dimensions: General (fast tab) > Physical Dimensions > Height, width, depth.
If your company is looking for ERM services in Vadodara or anywhere around the globe, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be glad to set up a free demo for your brand!